Friday 6 May 2011

NOTD: LYCRA® PRO Colour Memory Nail Polish Aqua Cool

I saw an advert for the new shades of Rimmels Lycra Pro when I came back from my holiday and was very excited to see a great selection of my favourite pastel shades. I have been looking for sometime for the perfect pale blue and I think I may have found it!

Rimmel have updated their Lycra Pro range to now include an Anti-Fade Colour System that is meant to keep your nails looking bright and beautiful as well as chip free for up to 10 days. I have had it on for 2 days now and apart from a tiny chip on my thumb where I caught it yesterday it still looks as good as it did on first application.

Here is the blurb from the Rimmel website:


KEEP COLOUR FRESH AND VIBRANT FOR UP TO 10 DAYS
Summer 2011 promises to be a festival of colour. Tangerine, violet, crimson, hot pink and aquamarine all dazzled on runways from New York to London, Paris to Milan and thanks to Rimmel, they’ll be dazzling soon on a beauty counter near you. The new, better-than-ever formulation of the iconic LYCRA Pro nail polish now with Pro Colour Memory incorporates an Anti-Fade Colour System to keep colour fresh and vibrant for up to 10 days.
Take colour to a new level – promising fresh-out-of-the-bottle-look with long-lasting shine, it’s super durable, ultra-flexible giving you a chip-proof finish. And the exclusive LYCRA Pro maxi Brush delivers a professional, mistake-free look. Colour perfection is literally at your fingertips


I have been a fan of the Rimmel Lycra Pro varnishes for a while as I find them to be long lasting and incredibly easy to apply. The large brush really does allow for easy, almost mistake free, application.


Please excuse the state of my cuticles...one day I am sure I will stop biting! I think the colour in the photo is fairly true to real life, although this makes it look slightly more blue than it really is. I'd say it is actually slightly paler with almost a very faint lilac tone too it. I would call it a real cornflower blue. I think the name of the varnish is slightly off, in my mind Aqua Cool would be slightly more green/turquoise. 

I am in love with this shade though, it is ideal for the summer and I shall be sporting it all over the weekend as it goes perfectly my new dress that I shall be wearing on saturday night! 



4 comments:

  1. Amazing colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s I was way too scared to ombre my hair too but the first time i did it it was really subtle so I eased myself in! It looked really natural, hardly anyone noticed! You should definitely try it for summer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh that is gorgeous, I have serious lust for this shade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my current absolute favourite colour, I can't get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete