Wednesday 22 June 2011

A busy Saturday and an OOTD

Saturday ended up being quite a busy day for me, I was planning on having a quite one but instead ended up leaving mine at 1.30pm and not getting back until 2.45am! It was also a day of lots of food, I was feeling quite uncomfortable by the end of the day

I met a friend for a drink at the Slug and Lettuce in Marlow and we had a bit of lunch as neither of us had had any yet. I had wanted a fish finger sandwich but they were all out of fish fingers so went for a steak and cheese with chips and coleslaw instead, it was quite tasty, but I think I'd have still liked the fish finger one more.

I then met another friend in High Wycombe and helped her look for a dress for a Hen Weekend she is going on next week. We had dinner at Noodle Nation and I had chicken, king prawn and shitake mushrooms in oyster sauce with steamed rice, plus a few of my friends prawn crackers.


We then went to the cinema and saw Bad teacher, I really liked it. It is a great film if you work with children as you can relate to a lot of what is going on. Although I hope that I do not end up with the teaching styles that Cameron Diaz portrays through out the film. I particularly liked the performances of the support cast of Lucy Punch and Phyllis Smith. 



I thought that Miss Diaz was actually looking a bit, dare I say it, old, facially...I feel bad saying that but I did! However, give me her legs any day! Seriously...why can I not look this good when washing a car...


The final part of my day involved going to my friend Naidas house, we were meeting some friends a bit later on for some drinks and we got ready at hers. It wasn't a big night so I wore what I'd been wearing all day but with some wedges instead of flats and re-did the make up. I'd left my make up behind and so had the rather lovely opportunity to use all of Naidas. She has a really quite impressive collection of Mac and Chanel products and I was very excited to use them. In return I did her hair for her. I took some pictures of both of us...sorry the quality is not great, the lighting was too low and so they are not very clear, but hopefully you get the idea.

Naida first:

Top: Miss Selfridge
Jeans: I don't actually know!
Shoes: Alexander McQueen



Now me!


Jumper: Gap
Jeans: Gap
Wedges: New Look



Face
Foundation: Chanel Mat Lumiere No. 20 (Clair)
Bronzer: Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel No.63 (Terre Ambre)

Eyes
Eye shadow: Mac eyeshadow (Phloof!)
Eyeliner: Bourjois Liner Pinceau Liquid Eyeliner (Black)
Mascara: L'Oreal Lash Architect 4D (Brown)
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes (Black)

Lips
Mac Amplified Creme Lipstick (Impassioned)

I haven't worn a foundation in ages and when I first put this on I felt it was a bit heavy just because I normally only use a tinted moisturiser. However once it was on it felt really light and my skin felt lovely, I didn't feel at all 'caked' in make up. 
I have been wanting to get my hands on Macs Impassioned for a while, but I can't justify the cost at the moment, so I was very happy to be able to use Naidas, such a lovely bright colour and the lipstick itself was very impressive, not at all drying and it had very good wear, I only reapplied twice throughout the whole night and I still had a slight stain when I took my make up off!

I may have to do my make up at Naidas again but take better photos so that you can really see how it looks. A handy excuse to use all those lovely products again! 

Hope you all had good weekends





No comments:

Post a Comment