Sunday 5 June 2011

It's been a hard days night...

Afternoon fabulous followers,

I am slightly embarrassed by my recent blogging activity, my last post was the 19th May, it's really quite shocking. Going in to school for my placement as well as having 2 assignments due in on the same day have meant that my time has been taken up by other things and after going slightly insane last week I'm counting down to the 1st July when it will all be over until October!

Anyway, the assignments are in which frees up some time for blogging...much more important and I'm so looking forward to writing up all the ideas that I have floating around in my head.

Last weekend it was our last bank holiday until August (we really need one in early July I think...and maybe one in October?!) and the boyfriend and I went to Manchester to stay with a friend of his. I'd only been there once before and I only saw the place at night, so I was all open for seeing it for real for the first time.

The people we were staying in had a lovely apartment on the outskirts of the city and I am insanely jealous of it! It's in a big old converted mill and had huge high ceiling, exposed brick work and even a thick metal pole/pipe in the middle of the central hallway that all of the rooms come of off. They also have a great selection of 'coffee table' books as well as an impressive selection of travel books as they often go away, this also made me jealous and I have added a few more places to my holiday wish list. I can not wait to finish uni and look for a place of my own and make it look all lovely, something like any of Rachell Ashwell's places would suit me just fine, her work is fantastic!

http://www.shabbychic.com/gallery/interiors-and-exteriors/

Manchester was lovely, but freezing and shame 'o' shame I had forgotten to bring a pashmina scarf...I just had to buy a new one! And as I was so chilly cold the boyfriend couldn't really say no, so here is the latest addition to my ever growing collection:

Scarf: H&M £7.99

detail...all my lovely favourite blue and coral colours

I've not mentioned before but I am a big fan of Rob Ryan his stuff is lovely, he has a collection of 4 dinner plates  that I would love to have mounted on the wall...they are far too pretty to actually use!
Anyway, we were in a shop in Manchester full of lots of lovely random bits an bobs that I could waste all of my money on and the boyfriend surprised me with a little treat! 

My treat...a Rob Ryan water bottle!

I love it, it's so cute and I am looking forward to using it for the first time tomorrow when I go into school. Now all I need is a lunchbox to match!

Hanging up in the background is also the necklace that the boyfriend got me for our anniversary.


It is from a great little range at Urban Outfitters of 'gift card' necklaces. Each of the necklaces has a little charm and comes in an envelope with a notecard, on the notecard is a little note relevant to the charm and normally with a romantic link...mine said 'you are my cup of tea'.

While we were up that way we decided to pop over to Liverpool for the day, why not, eh? I have to say that Liverpool is not anywhere that I've ever really thought about going to and I wasn't all that bothered by the trip over but I thought, well it's something different to do, and I was very impressed! It was a lovely little city, great old buildings, lots to do and the shopping was fab! I'm already trying to arrange a girls weekend away there as there are also lots of places to go to eat and drink and dance. 

We went for a walk along the docks and went to the Beatles museum which was cool (we spent that evening playing Beatles rockband!) went to the Cavern club and listened to a guy playing his guitar and I may have bought another pair of sunglasses...oops! I did a deal with the boyfriend and if I sold an existing pair then I could get the new pair, yay! I am a bit bored of my Ray bans, Ive had them for 3 1/2 years now and although there is nothing wrong with them, I want something different, so they will be going to a new home hopefully! My new ones are from Fossil, I couldnt decide between gold and silver, I am very much a silver girl but decided that gold would be something different and the colour complements all my coral loving at the moment! 



I also picked up these two photo frames in Urban Outfitters as they were doing a 2 for £10 deal, just need to decide what photos to put in them now.


Hope everyone else enjoyed their long weekends!



No comments:

Post a Comment