Tuesday 25 October 2011

Luminize Your Eyes: L'oreal Luminizer Mascara

I kept seeing adverts for L'oreals latest mascara offering and apart from being distracted by the serious amount of J.Lo airbrushing, I was actually quite intrigued. I've always liked the idea of coloured mascaras but have never been brave enough to try them out. I'm apprehensive about spending the money incase I end up hating it. So, when I saw this had come on to the market I thought it could be a good compromise. It didn't appear to be really coloured but still different to your standard black. 

When I was in Boots at the weekend they were offering L'oreal two products for £14. I needed to replace my Volume Million mascara and figured that as it would only cost me an extra £3, I may as well get a Luminize one.  I have blue eyes so obviously enough I went for the blue eyes mascara. Although I was tempted to go for the purple for hazel eyes because I generally like purple eye make up on me! 

Yesterday I decided to give my new mascara a go. I am unhappy to report that I am quite disappointed. To be honest, I'm not really sure what I expected, but I'm pretty sure it was more than this. The idea of the product is to 'light up' your eyes and make them sparkle. Hmmm. I'm not convinced. As far as I can see it is exactly the same as the normal Volume Million mascara but very slightly different in colour. When I mean slightly, I mean slightly too. If I was wearing this I don't think anyone would realise that I wasn't wearing a normal black mascara. The only possibility of it being noticed would potentially be if I was wearing it on a very sunny day as it has a slight petrol shimmer to it in bright light. Saying that, you do have to look very hard for it. I had been planning on wearing this on nights out but I don't think it will be noticeable at all. If anything I'd wear it more in the day as it is not quite as dramatic as the normal black Volume Million.

On a plus side, the formula is good. As with the Volume Millions it creates lovely length and volume with just a few coats. It can also be built up really nicely for a really dramatic look. 

Here I am wearing Black Volume Million on the left and Blue Eyes Luminizer on the right.

Close up of Blue Eyes Luminizer

Close up of Black Million Volume.

As you can, hopefully, see in the photos, the Luminize mascara has a very subtle shimmer to it whereas the black looks quite matte in comparison. I think it looks like a shiny black though, I don't think the hint of blue is that obvious. 

I'd be interested to see if the other colours in the range (green and purple) are any different. 

Overall, I wish that the colour was more obvious, however as a mascara, in general, it's pretty good. I think I'll be sticking to the normal Volume Million lashes in future though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment