Saturday 26 November 2011

NOTD: Bourjois 10 days Nail Enamel No. 18

I picked this nail varnish up a few weeks ago when Bourjois were doing a 3 for 2 offer in Boots. I'm generally a big fan of blue nails and this colour looked good. I was also interested to compare this against by 'ole faithful' the Rimmel Lycra Pro nail varnish. Both products have a 10 day promise, albeit with small print that is something along the lines of 'with touch ups'. From previous posts you will know that I'm a fan of the Lyrca Pro and am always impressed with its longevity without a top coat (this is an important point for me as I often don't have time to do one).

Looking at the small print on the bottle the Bourjois varnish is meant to last 10 days with touch ups but a minimum of 3 days without. From this I am going with the idea that it should last perfectly for 3 days before you have to touch up. This seems doable, non? Especially for a product that is selling itself on it's lasting power.

On application I'm impressed. The brush has an angled tip which allows for easy application. I applied 3 coats to get a good solid colour on my nails. This is one of those products that names it's colours with numbers. If I were to give it a name it would be 'denim'. It also has a very subtle shimmer to it.

In natural light

With a flash-the shimmer is more obvious here

These are photos of my nails after 3 days:



The main wear is on the tips and around the base. The right hand wore more than the left. This might be because I'm right handed?! After three days wear going about my normal day to day life this isn't too bad. However from a product that is selling itself on lasting 10 days, yes with touch ups I know, I don't think it is that great. The bottle states that your nails should last a minimum of 3 days. I'd have expected the nails to still look near on perfect with 3 coats after 3 days for this kind of product. They'd have definitely not looked their best after 10!

Overall, I love the colour and the application is easy and fuss free. For a long lasting product though I'd stick with the Lycra Pro. This will do for normal wear and with a top coat, if I have time...


No comments:

Post a Comment