Tuesday 8 November 2011

ROTD: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Afternoon all.

Last night I was sat watching cheesy chick flicks on TV. I'd had a healthy dinner and I was still starving. Nothing goes better with watching cheesy chick flicks than eating something a bit naughty. So I went and did some baking. Yes it was also 9pm and yes I was the only one home to eat them but I don't see either of those things as a negative. I also have a theory that if you eat one of the cookies after midnight it counts as the next days calories...

I had a hunt around in my cupboards for some inspiration. I came across a barely touched bar of dark chocolate that I had needed for Dads birthday cake. Chunks of chocolate I thought, well yes, cookies are the best way to make the most of these.

This recipe creates a lovely soft cookie, that is almost brownie like in the centre. Especially when eating slightly warm from the oven...


Ingredients

350g dark brown muscavado sugar
225g butter (I normally use salted, if you use unsalted then add a pinch of salt)
350g plain flour
50g cocoa powder (not drinking chocolate)
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
150-250g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks (amount depends on how 'chunky' you want your cookies)

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180 (fan)

1) Cream the butter and the sugar. You can do this either with an electric hand whisk, in a food processor or by hand.
2) Add the eggs, it is best to do this one at a time so that the mixture doesn't go too 'sloppy'
3) Add the vanilla and keep mixing!
4) Add the flour, bicarb and cocoa. By this point your mixture will become more dough like (this is the bit thats good to eat on its own). When it is all incorporated and even in colour add the chopped up bits of chocolate
5) Put blobs of cookie mix, slightly smaller than a squashed looking golf ball onto a greased and lined baking tray.
6) Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes then transfer them to a wire cooling rack. Wait about 5 minutes until they are touchable and eat as many as you can with a large cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate/wine!

Enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment