Wednesday 21 September 2011

Prawns with Tomato and Feta

Another day, another recipe!

I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious. I have made it before but I made a few adjustments this time and it was even better. The original recipe is from the 101 Low Fat Good Food recipe book, but the recipe I will give you today is my slightly adapted version, as it is the one I used tonight and it tasted scrummy.


Ingredients

Serves 4-5

1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
2 peppers, deseeded and chopped (doesn't matter what colour)
2 x 400g cans of chopped tomato
400g large prawns (preferably the pre-cooked ones and remember to thaw beforehand if you are using frozen)
small bunch of parsley
50g of feta (you can be generous with this, I am, depending on how much you like feta)
rice or pasta to serve

Method:

Cook the onions and garlic on a medium to high heat for 3 minutes.
Add the peppers and cook until they and the onions are soft.



Add the cans of tomato and simmer for 5 minutes.


Add the prawns and cook for at least 5 minutes, if you are using raw prawns make sure they are completely pink and cooked. Season to taste.


When cooked serve over rice or pasta. I normally use pasta but I used rice this evening and it was a pleasant change, I may actually prefer it.
Crumble the feta over the top, if you can, use the good quality creamy stuff. Then sprinkle with the parsley. 



Voila! This meal is ridiculously easy to do, it is cooked and ready in 20 minutes and requires very little effort. It tastes great and for all those health conscious bloggers out there, it's only 168 calories per serving (not including the rice or pasta, but they hardly come to anything anyway!)

I really do love this recipe for the fact that it takes so little time and still tastes good AND is good for you. What more could you ask for in a dish?





No comments:

Post a Comment