Monday 5 September 2011

A return to blogging

It's nice to be back bloggers. After a bit of a blogging break I am now back with a whole lovely long list of blogging topics. During my time off I have also been thinking about what I want to mainly blog about and generally how to present my blog to the world. Hello World! So there may be a few changes over the next few weeks. My main focus areas are going to be food, photography, interiors and travel with a bit of beauty and fashion still thrown in for good measure. It is still a 'little bit of everything' blog but I want to try and make more of my cooking and photography so that is what you are going to be seeing more of. Hope that's ok with everyone!

So in my first blog back we are going to be having a little look at my living room. The lovely Sarah over at sarahs-scribbles was wanting some inspiration on a feature wall and it just so happens that I have one of those! Well, it is still a work in progress but I said I'd share a few pictures with her and then I thought, well why not blog about it too.



I started this wall about a year ago and I am pleased with how it is developing. Like I said, it is very much a work in progress and my aim is for it to be completely full of little bits and pieces. The other walls in this room are an off white/cream colour and this wall sits at the 'back' of the room. Most of the things on there are pictures that I have collected over the years, greetings cards and postcards I liked the look of, fashion drawings and copies of old black and white photos of my family from the 'olden days'. All of which are showcased in a random selection of photo frames. I have no criteria for a photo frame other than that it be black or white, it can be any size, shape or pattern as long as it 'works'. I have a few pictures that are ready to be used but I am still hunting for the right photo frames. I have discovered a lot of photo frames in Ikea. Urban Outfitters, charity shops and car boot sales can also unearth some great finds.

Here are a few of my favourite images from the wall:


This one is actually attached to the wall using 'stick on' frames from ikea. I love the look of them but they aren't very sticky and have a tendency to fall off, but they will do until I have more real frames.


This card was from my mum, there are lots of ballet references in my house


A friend sent me this postcard when I was 15 because they thought I would like it, they were right


I can't decide whether to leave this with the white mount or frame it. Perhaps a white box frame?


I took this on my old mobile phone in Santa Monica when I was travelling, not bad for a phone shot!


I loved this card, I like to imagine that it is me and my friends



My nana when she was younger

As we are already in the lounge I thought I would also show you the other feature of this room. My shelving unit:



The idea of this was to showcase some of the bits and bobs that I have gathered over time and also the 'coffee table' books and reading material that you like to show off a bit (trashy novels and such as safely stashed in the bedroom).


I love Audrey Hepburn, I normally get something Audrey related every birthday or christmas


My first pair of pointe shoes and a book of love notes


A shoe horn designed by Manolo Blahnik for Habitat and a Rob Ryan book, love his work


A year of Elle Decoration and a ceramic E (part of a set that spells Love)


Cooking books, these get a lot of use


Fashion, art and interior books



I love stationary, a selection of my favourite notebooks-most of which are still to be used!

And to finish of, as I have no where else to store it, I stack my art work from Uni behind the sofa, conveniently one of the pieces fits in perfectly with the colour themes of the room so that one is always on display.


 It's been lovely blogging again...sorry for the slightly large amount of photos, but I hope you like looking at them as much as I like looking at the real thing every day.

See you again soon


No comments:

Post a Comment